Friday, June 19, 2009

Welcome, friends and neighbors!!

Hi, this is Brother Russell. I was recently asked to be a guest on a podcast where christians and atheists discuss their opposing views. (The hosts thought I might have something interesting and/or amusing to offer, since I'm a former fundamentalist who is known for poking fun at religion, among other things). While preparing for that show, I got inspired to set up this media blog so that interested listeners could follow me over here after the program. My guest spot turned out to be pretty weak (probably because I spent more time preparing this media blog than preparing for the podcast!), but there was some positive feedback from a few listeners. So I figured, why not keep Brother Russell's Neighborhood available for visitors? Dear visitors just like yourself, my friend.

A media blog is the perfect place for me to indulge myself, for your amusement, delight, disappointment or horror, as the case may be. So look for sound files, video clips (see below), ruminations, rants and so forth, to appear here in the near future. I am also working on getting digital downloads of my out-of-print "Melba Jackson" prank call CDs (Radio Jihad, Melba Comes Alive, etc.) available to everyone via CDBaby. Watch this space for upcoming announcements about that in the near future.

In the meantime, you might enjoy the Brother Russell Podcast, which I did sporadically throughout 2007, and which I may yet bring back this fall if I can find the time.

If you're interested in me, I'm interested in you. So if you have questions or comments, feel free to email me at russmofo@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Jeees! I could sell that with my hands tied behind my back ! How do I sign up ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I'm a big fan. I used to order stuff from you back in the day and I was wondering what you've been up to. Do you have any cds out other than Here is Melba, Radio Jihad, and Melba Comes alive? How can I hear your podcast? I also have White Trash Explosion and Mondo Tilton. Do you have any more videos?

    ReplyDelete